- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons pesto, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 (5-ounce) box baby spinach
- 18 wonton wrappers (1 package)
- 1 (8-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons pesto, and egg white; stir well.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon water in a medium skillet over medium heat; cook spinach until wilted (about 2 minutes), stirring well.
4. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons pesto in an 8-inch square baking dish; top with 6 wontons, overlapping slightly. Layer half of ricotta mixture evenly over top of wontons; add half of peppers over ricotta mixture.
5. Top peppers with another 6 wontons, remaining ricotta mixture, half of spinach, and remaining peppers. Top peppers with remaining 6 wontons and spinach. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan; cover tightly with foil.
6. Bake lasagna, in middle of oven, until cheese is melted and bubbly (about 20 minutes). Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into 6 equal-size pieces.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: This hearty meatless lasagna is the perfect weeknight meal that will please the entire family.
- Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1/6 of lasagna)
|Calories per serving:||261|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||14g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||23mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||735mg|
|Calcium per serving:||335mg|
Good to Know
Low-fat mozzarella, egg whites, and fresh veggies make this a much healthier alternative to traditional lasagna.