Gingery Butternut Squash and Tofu Curry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (20-ounce) package cubed butternut squash, large pieces cut in half
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup curry-style simmer sauce
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 ounces cubed firm tofu, patted dry
- 1/2 pound (about 1 bunch) broccolini, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add squash and onion. Cook until vegetables have softened (about 10 minutes), stirring often.
2. Combine simmer sauce, milk, and 1/2 cup water, whisking well. Place tofu in the saucepan; add simmer sauce mixture. Cover pot; simmer until vegetables are tender (about 7 minutes). Remove lid. Add broccolini; simmer until tender (about 5 minutes).
3. Place rice in 4 bowls; top with curry and basil.
Prep: 5 minutes; Cook: 22 minutes; Total time: 27 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups curry and 1/2 cup rice)
|Calories per serving:||291|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||13g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||44g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||3mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||250mg|
|Calcium per serving:||377mg|
Good to Know
Butternut squash gives this curry a sweet taste, and a boost of rich antioxidants and fiber.