Shrimp with Feta, Radish, Watercress, and Mint
- 3/4 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 small bunch watercress, tough stems discarded
- 1 small fennel bulb, halved, cored, and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 5 thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
1. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add shrimp and fennel seeds to pan. Cook until shrimp are opaque, turning often (about 3 minutes). Remove pan from heat; toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
2. In a large bowl, combine watercress, fennel, radishes, remaining olive oil, and remaining lemon juice, tossing well.
3. Divide salad among 4 plates; top each evenly with shrimp, mint, and cheese.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups salad mixture, 5 shrimp, and 2 teaspoons dressing)
|Calories per serving:||188|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||17g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||7g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||139mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||416mg|
|Calcium per serving:||166mg|
Good to Know
Detox never tasted so delicious. Shrimp is high in protein and very low in fat. Plus, fennel freshens your breath, soothes winter coughs, and can even slim and trim your waistline.