Bahamian-Spiced Chicken with Yogurt-Cilantro Sauce
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced seeded habañero pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lime (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
1. Combine juices and next 7 ingredients (through habañero) in a medium baking dish; whisk well. Add chicken breasts, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
2. While chicken marinates, combine yogurt and next 6 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Heat a grill, grill pan, or nonstick sauté pan over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade; pat dry with paper towels. If using a grill or grill pan, brush chicken on both sides with oil. If using a nonstick pan, heat oil over high heat until oil begins to shimmer. Cook chicken until golden on both sides and cooked through (about 4 1/2 minutes on each side). Serve with sauce.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: If you want less heat in the sauce, omit the habañero pepper.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast and 1/4 of sauce)
|Calories per serving:||269|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||42g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||8g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||98mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||188mg|
|Calcium per serving:||101mg|
Good to Know
Enjoy a dish with citrus and spice; low in fat, but high in flavor. Orange and lime juice, chili powder, and coriander give lean protein chicken some heat, while reduced-fat Greek yogurt cools your palette.