Holiday Fruit and Nut Bark
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids), chopped into chunks
1. Combine cherries, pistachios, and ginger in a medium bowl, stirring well. Line baking sheet with heavy-duty foil; chill pan.
2. Place chocolate in a double boiler or a heatproof bowl; cook over simmering water until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently (about 5 minutes). Stir in half of fruit mixture; spread onto prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula, spread chocolate mixture evenly into an 11- x 9-inch rectangle. Immediately sprinkle the remaining fruit mixture evenly over top of the chocolate mixture; chill (about 10 minutes).
3. Break into 10 (3-inch) pieces; serve.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: Bark should be kept in an airtight container in the fridge or a cool room. It will keep for up to 3 weeks.
- Yield: Makes about 10 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
|Calories per serving:||189|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||21mg|
|Calcium per serving:||17mg|
Good to Know
This treat is tasty and loaded with nutrients. Both dark chocolate and cherries are chock-full of antioxidants, and pistachios are a good source of vitamins A, B, and C, and iron.