Spiced Coffee With Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon plus more for serving
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 8 cups double-strength brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
1. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add allspice, cinnamon, and ginger. Simmer until sugar is dissolved (about 5 minutes); remove pan from heat.
2. Add 2 tablespoons spiced syrup to each of 8 cups of coffee; stir to combine. Add 1 tablespoon amaretto to each cup; top with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with cinnamon; serve.
Make Giada De Laurentiis's spiced—and spiked!—coffee with Giada's blend ground coffee ($7 for 12 ounces; Giada De Laurentiis for Target).
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup coffee)
|Calories per serving:||138|
|Fat per serving:||1g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||0.0g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||0.0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||5mg|
Good to Know
Caffeine is a known metabolism-booster, and coffee drinkers may be at lower risk of liver and colon cancer, type 2 diabetes, and Parkinson’s disease.