- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Combine oats and 1 cup water in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 3 minutes.
2. Top with banana slices, walnuts, and cinnamon.
Carb Star: Oatmeal 4.6 grams of Resistant Starch per 1/2 cup raw or toasted oats Oatmeal for breakfast might help you eat less all day. In a series of experiments, researchers in Italy replaced the flour in bread and pasta with oats. They found that even when these foods had identical calorie counts, oat eaters consumed fewer calories over the course of the day.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: By combining Resistant Starch powerhousesbanana and oatmealthis morning meal alone gets you halfway to your Resistant Starch goal of 10 daily grams. The walnuts add some omega-3s, too, for extra fat-burning.
- Yield: 1 serving (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
Resistant Starch: 5.2g
|Calories per serving:||310|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4.5g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||57g|
|Fiber per serving:||9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||0.0mg|