Mozzarella and Prosciutto Bites with Pesto
- Antipasto bar:
- 1/2 pound marinated mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Sauce aisle:
- Jar of basil pesto (3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 1 small bunch basil
- Put these in your cart, too:
- Cured sliced salami (1 pound)
- Marinated grilled vegetables (1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooked shrimp (1 pound)
- Store-bought aioli (3/4 cup)
Fab it up: Wrap mozzarella with strips of prosciutto; spear with toothpick along with 1/2 of a sun-dried tomato plus 1 basil leaf. Serve with pesto for dipping.
Fab it up: Arrange the salami on a platter and slice and skewer vegetables. Grind some black pepper over aioli; serve with shrimp.
Friends coming to dinner tonight? Throwing a last-minute cocktail party? Grab a few grocery store items and dress them way up with these brilliant insider tricks.
- Yield: about 6 servings
Good to Know
Sun-dried tomatoes add flavor without fat or cholesterol to this mouthwatering meal starter. The basil also increases your intake of Vitamin K and iron.