Sponsored: Red Sangria
- SPICED SIMPLE SYRUP (MAKES 1 CUP)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Truvía® Natural Sweetener Spoonable
- 6 whole gloves
- 6 whole black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 bottle (750 mL) red wine
- 3/4 cup spiced simple syrup (recipe above)
- 3 cups sparking water
- Juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 orange, sliced thinly
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- 2 cups ice cubes
PreparationSpiced Simple Syrup:
1. Place all of the ingredients in a medium saucepot, stir.
2. Place on high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, allow to cool completely.
4. Pour syrup through a strainer to remove spices.
5. Pour syrup into a jar with lid and store refrigerated. Shake before using.
1. Combine wine, 3/4 cup spiced simple syrup, sparkling water, orange juice and fruit slices.
2. Stir briskly.
3. Serve over ice in large red wine glasses.
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 10
|Calories per serving:||80|
|Total fat per serving:||0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0g|
|Trans fat per serving:||0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||0mg|
|Total carbohydrate per serving:||10g|
|Dietary fiber per serving:||1g|
|Sugar per serving:||1g|
|Erythritol per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||0g|
|Vitamin A per serving:||0% DV|
|Vitamin C per serving:||35% DV|
|Calcium per serving:||25% DV|
|Iron per serving:||4% DV|