Sponsored: Exotic Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups 1% milk
- 1 tablespoon + 2 1/4 teaspoons Truvía® Natural Sweetener Spoonable
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean
- 1/3 cup unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 star anise
- Pinch of salt
- 3 cinnamon sticks (optional garnish)
Preparation1. In a small pot, combine the Truvía® Natural Sweetener, cocoa powder, cinnamon, star anise, salt, and cayenne.
2. Cut the vanilla bean in half length wise, scrape the black seeds out of the pod using the back of a knife, and add it into the pot.
3. Whisk in the milk. Place the pot on the stove over medium heat. Whisk frequently so that nothing settles to the bottom of the pot and burns. Once the mixture comes to a boil, remove the pot from the heat.
4. Add in the chopped chocolate and whisk until melted.
5. Pour the hot chocolate into the mugs. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 3
|Calories per serving:||150|
|Total fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Trans fat per serving:||0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Dietary fiber per serving:||4g|
|Sugar per serving:||7g|
|Erythritol per serving:||7g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|