Sponsored: Tuscan Bean Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup yellow squash, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 2 (15 oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 cups kale, chopped (ribs removed)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Truvía® Natural Sweetener Spoonable
- 5 teaspoons white wine vinegar
Preparation1. Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, and squash. Sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, thyme, and rosemary. Stir to combine. Cook for another minute.
3. Add broth, beans, and tomatoes. Stir to combine.
4. Bring to a boil over high heat, add kale, and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Remove cover and partially puree the soup using an immersion blender to thicken. If you don’t have an immersion blender, puree half of the soup in a regular blender making sure the soup cools before blending to avoid the hot contents exploding out of the blender.
6. Add salt, pepper, Truvía® Natural Sweetener, and white wine vinegar. Stir to combine.
7. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and crusty bread.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 10
|Calories per serving:||120|
|Total fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0g|
|Trans fat per serving:||0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||590mg|
|Total carbohydrate per serving:||20g|
|Dietary fiber per serving:||5g|
|Sugar per serving:||2g|
|Erythritol per serving:||0g|
|Protein per serving:||7g|
|Vitamin A per serving:||90% DV|
|Vitamin C per serving:||50% DV|
|Calcium per serving:||8% DV|
|Iron per serving:||15% DV|