Sponsored: Bourbon Candied Carrots
- 1 pound medium-sized carrots with green tops
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Trim greens off carrots leaving about 1 inch at the top. Thoroughly rinse carrots under cold, running water removing any dirt. Pat carrots dry with paper towels and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
3. Melt butter for 1 minute in a small microwave-safe bowl.
4. Remove bowl from microwave and add ginger, Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend, orange juice, bourbon, and black pepper. Stir until sugar blend is completely dissolved. Pour over carrots and toss to coat.
5. Bake for 35 minutes stirring halfway through.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle carrots with coarse kosher salt.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 5
|Calories per serving:||100|
|Total fat per serving:||4.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Trans fat per serving:||0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||10mg|
|Sodium per serving:||140mg|
|Total carbohydrate per serving:||15g|
|Dietary fiber per serving:||3g|
|Sugar per serving:||9g|
|Erythritol per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Vitamin A per serving:||210% DV|
|Vitamin C per serving:||25% DV|
|Calcium per serving:||4% DV|
|Iron per serving:||4% DV|