Sponsored: Ginger Orange Scones
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Truvía® Baking Blend
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Truvía® Baking Blend
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In large bowl, whisk egg, oil, Truvía® Baking Blend, yogurt and 2 Tbsp. orange juice.
3. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Stir flour into liquid mixture, mixing until dough clings together. Stir in orange peel and ginger.
4. On floured surface, toss dough lightly with additional flour until no longer sticky. Knead 12 to 15 times.
5. Pat into 9-inch circle with top slightly rounded; cut into 10 pie-shaped wedges to make scones.
6. Brush each scone with additional orange juice, sprinkle with Truvía® Baking Blend.
7. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 10
|Calories per serving:||170|
|Total fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4.5g|
|Trans fat per serving:||0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||40mg|
|Sodium per serving:||280mg|
|Total carbohydrate per serving:||25g|
|Dietary fiber per serving:||3g|
|Sugar per serving:||6g|
|Erythritol per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Vitamin A per serving:||6% DV|
|Vitamin C per serving:||6% DV|
|Calcium per serving:||4% DV|
|Iron per serving:||10% DV|