Steak Salad With Eggplant, Peppers, and Onion
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking sheets
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 small cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces skirt steak
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium eggplants (about 1 lb. total), cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (about 5 cups)
- 2 red bell peppers (about 1 lb. total), quartered and seeded
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Preparation1. Preheat broiler; place a rack close to heat source. Line 2 large baking sheets with foil and brush lightly with oil. In a large ziplock bag, mix together 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp. rosemary, garlic and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add steak; seal bag and rub marinade into steak. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
2. Arrange eggplants, peppers and onion in a single layer on baking sheets; brush tops with 2 1/2 Tbsp. oil. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp. rosemary and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Broil in batches, turning once, until tender and golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes per sheet.
3. In a medium nonstick skillet, warm remaining 1/2 Tbsp. oil over medium heat. Remove steak from ziplock bag; discard marinade and cook steak, turning, 6 to 8 minutes total (depending on thickness) for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
4. Stir together cheeses and divide among 4 plates, spreading in center. Top each with roasted vegetables and sliced steak. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with basil, season with pepper and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 4
|Calories per serving:||335|
|Fat per serving:||21g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||55mg|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Protein per serving:||19g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||19g|
|Sodium per serving:||258mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Calcium per serving:||129mg|