Roasted Curried Cauliflower-Quinoa Salad
- 1 head cauliflower (about 1 3/4 lb.), cut into 1-inch florets (about 6 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (not nonfat)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted, unsalted cashews
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, optional
Preparation1. Place a rack in center of oven and preheat to 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Toss cauliflower and 2 cups grapes with 1 Tbsp. oil and arrange in a single layer on baking sheet. Roast, stirring occasionally, until grapes are slightly wilted and cauliflower is golden brown and tender, about 25 minutes.
2. Stir 1/2 tsp. salt into a small pan with 1 cup water; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in quinoa and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
3. Halve remaining 1/2 cup grapes and pulse in a food processor with yogurt, curry, cumin, lime juice, remaining 2 tsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper until mixture is slightly chunky.
4. Toss quinoa with 3 Tbsp. dressing and cilantro. Divide among 4 plates and top with roasted cauliflower, cashews and chicken, if desired. Drizzle with remaining dressing, season with additional salt and pepper, if desired, and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 4
|Calories per serving:||325|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||43g|
|Sodium per serving:||206mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||87mg|