Banana and Raw Cacao Ice Cream
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
Preparation1. Put banana slices in a large ziplock bag; place in freezer. Lay flat so slices don't clump. Freeze for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
2. In a food processor or high-speed blender, process frozen banana with cacao powder, almond milk and maple syrup for 1 to 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
3. Scrape ice cream into 4 dessert bowls; sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and cacao nibs. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves 4
|Calories per serving:||244|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||49g|
|Sodium per serving:||31mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||41mg|