- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for tins
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces assorted mushrooms (such as cremini, shiitake and oyster), stems removed, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large ribs celery, chopped
- 6 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 7 ounces kale, ribs removed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preparation1. Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°F. Coat 16 cups of two 12-cup nonstick muffin tins with oil.
2. In a pan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat, cover and simmer until liquid has absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a large, deep skillet, melt butter with 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Stir in half of mushrooms and 1/2 tsp. salt; sauté until golden, about 8 minutes. Transfer to bowl with quinoa. In same skillet, warm 1 tsp. oil. Sauté onion, celery, garlic, 1 tsp. salt and pepper over medium heat until softened, about 8 minutes. Add kale by the handful and cook, stirring, until just wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with salt. Add to bowl; stir in eggs, cheese and herbs. Spoon into muffin tins, pressing in and mounding on top. Press in nuts.
4. Bake, switching pans halfway through, until heated through, about 25 minutes. Let cool slightly. Remove from tins; serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 16 "muffins"
|Calories per serving:||206|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||59mg|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||8g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||21g|
|Sodium per serving:||706mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Calcium per serving:||122mg|