Roasted Squash Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, unpeeled, halved, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon plus a pinch of cayenne
- 1/3 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 4 cups winter salad greens
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss squash with 2 tsp. oil; spread in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk syrup, vinegar, mustard, 1/2 tsp. chili powder, 1/4 tsp. salt, cumin and 1/8 tsp. cayenne. Drizzle in 3 Tbsp. oil, whisking.
2. Roast squash until golden on bottom, about 25 minutes. Turn squash; brush with 2 Tbsp. vinaigrette. Roast until golden on other side, about 10 minutes. Brush with 2 Tbsp. vinaigrette.
3. In a skillet, toss seeds with remaining 1 tsp. oil, 1/4 tsp. chili powder and pinch of salt and cayenne. Stir over medium heat until toasted, 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Toss greens with cranberries; arrange on 4 plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette, sprinkle with seeds, top with squash and serve.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 4
|Calories per serving:||306|
|Fat per serving:||20g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||32g|
|Sodium per serving:||272mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||87mg|