Herby Edamame Dip With Buckwheat Crackers
- 1 1/3 cups whole buckwheat groats
- 7 1/2 tablespoons unflavored brown rice protein powder
- 2 teaspoons pink peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black mustard seeds or yellow seeds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 9 ounces shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup plain whole Greek yogurt
- 2 sprigs mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Make crackers: In a food processor, process groats, protein powder, peppercorns and mustard seeds until you have a coarse flour consistency. Transfer to a large bowl; add oil and about 1/2 cup water. Knead into a dough, adding more water a little at a time until dough holds together.
3. Line a work surface with parchment; place dough on top. Using your hands, flatten dough into a rectangle. Place another sheet of parchment on top and roll out dough until it's about 1/8 inch thick. Remove top sheet of parchment, trim edges of dough to neaten and divide into 2-by-1 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Turn each cracker over and bake until completely dry, about 30 minutes longer.
4. Make dip: In a food processor, process all ingredients until smooth. Serve immediately with crackers, or cover and chill for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 4
|Calories per serving:||266|
|Fat per serving:||11g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||27g|
|Sodium per serving:||165mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Calcium per serving:||91mg|