Whole-Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking power
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
3. In a separate large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, beat butter and sugars just until blended, about 2 minutes. Use a spatula to scrape down sides of bowl. Add eggs, 1 at a time, blending on low speed until combined. Blend in vanilla. Add flour mixture; blend on low speed until barely combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl.
4. Add chocolate; blend on low speed until evenly combined. Use a spatula to scrape sides and bottom of bowl, then scrape batter out onto a work surface. Use your hands to fully incorporate ingredients.
5. Scoop 3-Tbsp. mounds of dough onto baking sheets, spaced 3 inches apart (about 6 to a sheet).
6. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are evenly dark brown, 16 to 20 minutes. Transfer to counter and let cool. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time: Whole-wheat flour can make baked goods dry, so measure carefully. Spoon flour lightly into the cup, then sweep off excess with the flat side of a knife.
- Yield: About 20 cookies
|Calories per serving:||289|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||43mg|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||40g|
|Sodium per serving:||255mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||41mg|