Strawberry Lemon Sorbet
- 1 lemon, seeded and roughly chopped, plus juice of 1 or 2 more lemons
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled
Preparation1. In a food processor, pulse chopped lemon pieces and sugar until combined. Pour into a large bowl.
2. Puree strawberries in food processor and add to lemon mixture, along with juice of 1 lemon. Taste and add more juice as necessary. (Lemon flavor should be intense but not overpower strawberries.) Pour mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen. Serve immediately, or transfer to a lidded container and freeze until ready to serve.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: This refreshing sorbet is delicious as is, especially after something grilled and meaty.
- Yield: Serves 1 1/2 Quarts
|Calories per serving:||157|
|Fat per serving:||0g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||40g|
|Sodium per serving:||1mg|
|Iron per serving:||0mg|
|Calcium per serving:||15mg|