Labneh-Stuffed Peppers with Feta and Pistachio
- 1/2 cup labneh, homemade or store-bought
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped unsalted pistachios
- Kosher salt, optional, and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Italian sweet peppers (4 large or 6 medium), any color
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Warm pita, for serving
Preparation1. In a medium bowl, blend labneh, feta, 2 Tbsp. chopped pistachios and chopped mint with a fork. Taste, seasoning lightly with salt if necessary (some feta is very salty) and plenty of pepper.
2. Slide a paring knife around stem of each pepper and discard. Using knife, loosen and discard seeds. (You can also gently bang pepper upside down on a cutting board to dislodge them.) With your smallest spoona baby spoon, ideallystuff each pepper with filling to the top.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add peppers, laying them on their sides. Partly cover skillet and pan-fry peppers on all sides, turning carefully, until filling oozes and skins char and begin to blister, about 6 minutes.
4. Arrange peppers on a platter. Mince remaining 1 Tbsp. pistachios and mint leaves together and sprinkle over peppers to garnish. Serve warm with plenty of pita.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves 4
|Calories per serving:||224|
|Fat per serving:||17g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||28mg|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||5g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||8g|
|Sodium per serving:||134mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||122mg|