Thai Shrimp and Eggplant Stir-Fry
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 5 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 slender Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Fresno chilies, seeded and slivered
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup loosely torn basil leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Cooked rice noodles, optional
Preparation1. In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and 2 Tbsp. water.
2. In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high heat until very hot; swirl to coat skillet. Add shrimp and stir-fry until just pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
3. Add 2 tsp. oil and half of eggplant to skillet. Cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes, then stir-fry for 30 seconds. Transfer to bowl with shrimp. Add another 2 tsp. oil; repeat with remaining eggplant. Make a well in center and add remaining 1 tsp. oil, garlic, chilies and scallion. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
4. Add shrimp, eggplant and sauce to skillet. Cook, tossing well, until heated through, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Stir in basil. Serve with lime wedges and rice noodles, if desired.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves 4
|Calories per serving:||209|
|Fat per serving:||10g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||143mg|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||18g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||12g|
|Sodium per serving:||1,176mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Calcium per serving:||105mg|