- 1/4 small red onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved, or quartered if large
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch each ground coriander, turmeric, cinnamon and black pepper
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained canned chickpeas
- 1 large egg plus 3 large egg whites, beaten
- 3/4 cup baby spinach
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
Preparation1. In a nonstick skillet, cook onion in broth over low heat until translucent, about 6 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, spices and chickpeas; cook, stir-ring occasionally, until tomatoes have cooked down slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Wipe skillet and mist with olive oil spray. Pour in eggs, then spinach; cook until eggs set, 4 minutes.
4. Fold omelet; plate, top with chickpea mix and garnish with avocado.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: 1
|Calories per serving:||394|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||186mg|
|Fiber per serving:||12g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||42g|
|Sodium per serving:||342mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Calcium per serving:||143mg|