Roasted Beets With Chimichurri
- 7-8 small beets (select a variety, such as Chioggia, golden and red beets)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub beets; pierce with a fork and place in a small baking dish. Cover with a snug lid or wrap tightly with aluminum foil. Bake until fork-tender, 45 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. While beets roast, make chimichurri: In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, shallot, parsley, oregano, salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Whisk thoroughly.
3. Remove skins from beets. Slice beets crosswise 1/2 inch thick. Carefully toss slices with chimichurri. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves 4
|Calories per serving:||199|
|Fat per serving:||14g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16g|
|Sodium per serving:||398mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Calcium per serving:||41mg|