Asian Rice Noodle and Shrimp Soup
- 3 ounces thin rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 ounces sliced shitake mushroom
- 4 cups (32 ounces) boxed low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cup grated carrots (about 1 cup)
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled and cut into 4 (1/4-inch) coins
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20 shrimp)
- 2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; remove pan from heat. Add noodles; let soak just until tender (about 8 minutes). Drain the noodles in a colander; rinse. Toss the noodles and 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Add canola oil to pan; sautémushrooms over medium heat, stirring until soft and golden (about 2–3 minutes). Add broth, carrots, and ginger; simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp; simmer until shrimp is cooked through (about 2 minutes). Stir in scallions, lime juice, soy sauce, and half of herbs.
3. Divide noodles among 4 serving bowls; ladle soup over noodles. Sprinkle soup with remaining herbs; drizzle each with the remaining sesame oil.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This Asian-inspired soup features thin rice noodles, shrimp, ginger, and fresh vegetables.
- Yield: Makes: 4 servings (Serving size: 1 1/4 cups)
|Calories per serving:||203|
|Fat per serving:||5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||84mg|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||29g|
|Sugars per serving:||3g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||518mg|
|Calcium per serving:||39mg|