Brownies with Butterscotch Drizzle
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 teaspoons 1% low-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Lightly coat an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Melt butter with chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove pan from heat, and stir in sour cream, sugars, eggs, and vanilla until well-combined. Stir in flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake in middle of oven until a toothpick comes out clean (about 35 minutes).
4. Cool brownies in a pan; cut into 16 squares. Melt butterscotch chips in a small pan over low heat, stirring (about 4 minutes). Add milk, and whisk until smooth. Pour butterscotch into a ziptop plastic bag; snip end off one of the bottom corners. Stack brownies (2-4 in each stack); drizzle each stack with butterscotch.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 39 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 16 servings (serving size: 1 brownie)
|Calories per serving:||179|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||2g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||24g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||35mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||60mg|
|Calcium per serving:||25mg|