Two-Bean Greek Salad
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 4 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (10-ounce) bag shelled frozen edamame or lima beans
- 3/4 pound string beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 multigrain pitas, halved horizontally
- 3 ounces haloumi cheese (or ricotta salata), sliced into 4 pieces
1. In a serving bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, 2 1/2 teaspoons oregano, 2 teaspoons olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
2. Place steamer basket in saucepan filled with a few inches of water; cook edamame, covered, until tender (about 3 minutes). Transfer edamame to a bowl. Add string beans to steamer; cook, covered, until tender (about 2 minutes). Add beans to edamame. Add tomatoes and olives; toss to combine.
3. Heat a lightly oiled grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush 1 teaspoon oil on one side of pitas; grill, turning, until golden (about 2 minutes). Transfer pitas to a plate. Brush 1/2 teaspoon oil evenly on one side of cheese slices; sprinkle with the remaining oregano and pepper. Grill cheese, seasoned side down, until marks form (about 1 minute); transfer to a plate.
4. Place 1 pita half on each of 4 plates; top with bean salad and cheese. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups salad, 1 slice haloumi cheese, and half of a pita)
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 8 minutes; Total time: 18 minutes.
|Calories per serving:||301|
|Fat per serving:||17g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||16g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||23g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||14mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||519mg|
|Calcium per serving:||139mg|