String Bean and Fingerling Potato Salad with Shrimp
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 pound thin string beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined (about 17)
- 3 tablespoons pecan halves, toasted
1. Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water to 3 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil; simmer potatoes just until tender (about 8 minutes). Add string beans; simmer until beans are crisp and tender (about 3 minutes). Drain.
2. While potatoes cook, combine Dijon, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon dill; stir with a whisk. Set dressing aside.
3. Place shrimp and potatoes-and-bean mixture on platter; drizzle with dressing. Garnish with pecans and remaining dill.
Prep: 8 minutes; Cook: 11 minutes; Total time: 15 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings Serving size: 1 1/4 cups
While the potatoes and beans are cooking, make the vinaigrette.
|Calories per serving:||230|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||17g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||23g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||126mg|
|Iron per serving:||4mg|
|Sodium per serving:||304mg|
|Calcium per serving:||58mg|