Fresh Corn With Avocado, Scallions, and Spiced Scallops
- 1 medium diced peeled avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 pounds sea scallops (about 12)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
1. In a small bowl, toss avocado and lime juice.
2. Sprinkle scallops with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook, turning once, until golden and cooked through (about 3 minutes).
3. Transfer scallops to a plate. Add corn, scallion, white wine, and remaining cumin to skillet; cook corn until tender, stirring constantly (about 2 minutes).
4. Spoon corn mixture onto 4 serving plates; top each with about 3 scallops.
Prep: 10 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes; Total time: 15 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup corn mixture and 3-4 scallops)
|Calories per serving:||375|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||29g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||41g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||47mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||306mg|
|Calcium per serving:||56mg|