Mini Grilled Chicken Clubs
- 1 small zucchini, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grill
- 4 chicken cutlets (3/4 pound total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 small sandwich rolls, cut into thirds crosswise
- 1 small tomato, cut into 8 thin slices
1. Combine zucchini, garlic, basil, Parmesan, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon oil in a food processor; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl.
2. Preheat a lightly oiled grill over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper; grill until golden and cooked through (about 4-5 minutes). Transfer to a cutting board; slice in half. Toast cut sides of rolls on grill until golden on one side (about 1 minute).
3. Top bottoms of rolls with half of chicken and pesto; top with middle piece of roll. Layer rolls with remaining half of ingredients and tomato slices. Top with remaining part of roll. Serve.
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes; Total time: 20 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
|Calories per serving:||233|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||52mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||325mg|
|Calcium per serving:||127mg|