- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small assorted color bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish sauce
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 medium firm-ripe heirloom tomatoes, each cut into 4 large slices
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
1. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook peppers and garlic, stirring until soft (about 4 minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
2. Combine sour cream and horseradish sauce. Chill until ready to use.
3. Preheat broiler; coat baking sheet with cooking spray. Place egg white and panko into separate shallow bowls. Dip tomatoes into egg white and coat in panko; place on prepared baking sheet. Broil 6 inches from heat about 1 minute or until panko is golden (turning after 30 seconds). Let tomatoes cool slightly on sheet.
4. Alternate breaded and unbreaded tomatoes with 1 teaspoon pepper mixture, 1/2 teaspoon horseradish sauce, and a few arugula leaves to create 4 stacks. Top with remaining unbreaded tomato slice and an arugula leaf.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Make a colorful tomato salad by layering slices of panko-coated tomato slices with a mixture of bell peppers, arugula and horseradish sauce.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 tomato stack)
|Calories per serving:||94|
|Fat per serving:||2g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||16g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||3mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||65mg|
|Calcium per serving:||32mg|
Good to Know
For less than 100 calories, enjoy this lycopene-packed lunch. Panko and horseradish add just the right kick to keep your taste buds satisfied.