- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 Canadian bacon slices
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 frozen multigrain waffles, toasted (such as Van's)
- 4 very thin slices reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook bacon 3 minutes or until golden, turning occasionally. Transfer to a plate.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, chives, and pepper; stir well with a whisk. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to skillet; cook over medium-low heat, stirring until just cooked (about 5 minutes).
3. Arrange 4 waffles on a baking sheet; top each with 1/4 of scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese. Top with remaining 4 waffles; bake in middle of oven until cheese is melted and waffles are crisp (about 4 minutes). Drizzle with syrup; serve immediately.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 waffle eggwich)
|Calories per serving:||379|
|Fat per serving:||15g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||18g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||47g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||122mg|
|Iron per serving:||2mg|
|Sodium per serving:||858mg|
|Calcium per serving:||112mg|
Good to Know
Craving breakfast for dinner? Starving after work? This filling treat is loaded with hunger-stopping protein.