Sweet Potato Pudding
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 2 cups mashed baked peeled sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat Greek-style yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 11/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine eggs, 3 tablespoons honey, milk, and bread in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at x speed until smooth. Add sweet potato, vanilla, cinnamon, and allspice; beat until smooth. Pour into prepared baking dish. Scatter pecans and ginger over top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes until pudding is set and slightly puffy (it will sink slightly as the pudding cools).
3. While pudding bakes, combine yogurt and remaining 1 tablespoon honey; stir until smooth. Divide pudding among 4 bowls, and top evenly with yogurt mixture.
- Prep Time:
- Total Time: This mouthwatering sweet potato pudding recipe will satisfy lovers of crunchy pecans and spices. Divide this tasty fall side dish among 4 bowls, and top evenly with yogurt mixture for the ultimate culinary treat.
- Yield: 6 servings
|Calories per serving:||200|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||6g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||38g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||70mg|
|Sodium per serving:||95mg|
|Rs per serving:||1.7g|
Good to Know
Since sweet potatoes are so naturally sweet, this recipe slashes the sugar. Speed prep time by using the sweet potato you batch-cooked earlier in the week.