Merlot Strawberries with Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup merlot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup whipped cream
1. Bring merlot, lemon juice, and honey to a boil in a saucepan over high heat.
2. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Drizzle over sliced berries.
3. Top with whipped cream.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: A decadent merlot sauce coats these fresh sweet strawberries and turns this bowl of fruit into a bona fide dessert. Finish with a dollop of whip cream.
- Yield: 4 servings
|Calories per serving:||140|
|Fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||.5g|
|Protein per serving:||1g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||22g|
|Fiber per serving:||3g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||10mg|
|Sodium per serving:||20mg|
|Rs per serving:||0g|
Good to Know
Don’t worry about getting drunk: Boiling the sauce removes about 85 percent of the alcohol.