Maple Brown Rice Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sliced almonds
1. Combine rice, milk, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave at HIGH 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of milk is absorbed. Top with almonds.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 serving
|Calories per serving:||170|
|Fat per serving:||4g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||15mg|
|Rs per serving:||1.3g|
Good to Know
This recipe uses Resistant Starch-rich brown rice instead of the usual white. The almonds pack metabolism-boosting MUFAs, too, and the cinnamon will help steady blood sugar. To save time, use precooked packaged or frozen brown rice.