Sunflower Lentil Spread
- 1 (15-ounce) can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 scallion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pitas, halved
1. Combine lentils, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender; process until smooth.
2. Stir in sunflower seeds, celery, scallions, and parsley.
3. Microwave pita at HIGH 1 minute. Serve with spread.
Watch the video: Sunflower Lentil Spread
- Prep Time:
- Yield: 4 servings
|Calories per serving:||180|
|Fat per serving:||3g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||0g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||29g|
|Fiber per serving:||10g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||430mg|
|Rs per serving:||3.1g|
Good to Know
Lentils are a powerhouse provider of Resistant Starch. In this recipe, they help you get nearly a third of your way to your daily 10-gram goal.