Roast Beef Club
- 12 slices whole-grain bread, cut into 3 1/4-inch circles and lightly toasted
- 4 tablespoons jarred tomato chutney
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 1/2 cup watercress sprigs
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1 ounce crumbled blue cheese
- 4 pickle spears
1. Place 4 bread circles on a work surface, and top each with 1 slice of roast beef; spoon 1/2 tablespoon tomato chutney on top. Add 1 sprig watercress; top with 1 basil leaf, 1 teaspoon blue cheese, and a bread round.
2. Repeat the layer one more time, and top with remaining 4 bread rounds. Serve each club with a pickle spear.
Tomato chutney and watercress make the Roast Beef Club worthy of its title.
- Yield: Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich and 1 pickle)
|Calories per serving:||286|
|Fat per serving:||8g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||25g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||5g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||48mg|
|Iron per serving:||3mg|
|Sodium per serving:||650mg|
|Calcium per serving:||121mg|