Chocolate Bonbon Bombes
- 2 cups light chocolate or chocolate peanut butter ice cream
- 5 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
1. Fill molds with ice cream using a 3/4-ounce (scant tablespoon) ice cream scoop until half-full; top each with 1/2 tablespoon chopped peanuts. Fill with another scoop of ice cream, and smooth top. Freeze for at least 20 minutes or until firm.
2. Unmold bombes, and place on chilled serving plates. Drizzle tops with melted chocolate, and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon chopped peanuts for garnish. Freeze for 5 minutes more; serve.
Prep: 15 minutes; Freeze: 25 minutes.
- Yield: Makes 8 servings (serving size: 1 bonbon)
You will need 1 1/2- to 2-ounce molds for this recipe. We used Wilton's Brownie Pop Silicone Mold ($9.99; Wilton.com).
|Calories per serving:||163|
|Fat per serving:||9g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||4g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||17g|
|Fiber per serving:||2g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||8mg|
|Iron per serving:||1mg|
|Sodium per serving:||35mg|
|Calcium per serving:||59mg|