Semifreddo with Honeyed Fresh Berries
- 3 cups vanilla light ice cream, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Meyer lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped cream topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup coarse amaretti cookie crumbs (about 24 cookies)
- 2 cups fresh mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Line an 8 1/2- x 4-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving plenty of extra wrap on the ends. Set aside.
2. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Gently fold in whipped cream topping until well-combined.
3. Spread the mixture into a prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with cookie crumbs; fold over plastic wrap to cover. Freeze mixture at least 4 hours or until firm.
4. Toss berries with honey about 15 minutes before serving; let stand.
5. Lift semifreddo from pan with plastic wrap, and transfer crumb side down to a cutting board. Use a serrated knife (dipped in hot water and wiped dry) to cut loaf into slices. Serve topped with the mixed berries.
Prep: 20 minutes; Freeze: about 4 hours.
- Yield: Makes 10 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
If you can't find Meyer lemons, regular lemons work just as well.
|Calories per serving:||221|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||3g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||42g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||35mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||49mg|
|Calcium per serving:||79mg|