Red Grape & Tuna Salad Pita
- 3 ounces drained tuna (packed in water)
- 1/2 cup halved red grapes
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 whole-grain pita, halved
1. Combine first 7 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl. Toss gently. Serve in pita halves.
- Yield: 1 serving (2 stuffed pita halves)
Good to Know
Tuna is a rich source of metabolism-boosting omega-3 fatty acids. Add that to the MUFAs in the almonds and the resistant starch in the pita, and youï¿½ve tripled the boost to your metabolism.
The CarbLovers Diet