Pecan-Crusted Goat Cheese Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 4 ounces polenta in tube, cut into 3 (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- 1 ounce goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray polenta slices with cooking spray. Add to pan, and cook 5 minutes. Turn slices, and cook 5 minutes.
2. Shape goat cheese into a patty; coat with chopped pecans.
3. Combine juice, oil, and mustard in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
4. Arrange spinach and carrot on a plate. Top with polenta, pecan-crusted goat cheese, and dressing.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This easy and elegant dish is a wonderful replacement for a boring salad. Polenta, pecan-crusted goat cheese, and a quick vinaigrette bring a lot of flavor.
- Yield: 1 serving
|Calories per serving:||370|
|Fat per serving:||21g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||11g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||36g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||20mg|
|Sodium per serving:||720mg|
|Resistant starch per serving:||1g|
Good to Know
Rich in monounsaturated fats, CLAs, fiber, and oleic acid, this just might win the award for the most filling, slimming, and satisfying salad ever created.