Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces multigrain farfalle
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 13.5- ounce can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces fresh part-skim mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped bottled roasted red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions, omitting salt and fat.
2. While pasta cooks, combine zest and juice of 1 lemon and 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add artichoke hearts, cheese, bell pepper, and parsley; toss to combine.
3. Place peas in a colander; when pasta is cooked, drain pasta over peas. Shake well to drain, but do not run under cold water. Add pasta and peas to artichoke mixture, and toss well until thoroughly combined. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings
|Calories per serving:||420|
|Fat per serving:||20g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||8g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||20g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||50g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||45mg|
|Sodium per serving:||200mg|
|Resistant starch per serving:||2.4g|
Good to Know
Peas are an easy way to bump up the Resistant Starch in any dish. Just keep a bag of frozen peas in the freezer so you can easily add them to this and other grain salads.
The CarbLovers Diet