Indian Chicken Salad with Peanuts
- 1 cup cubed potatoes (1/2-inch cubes)
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 ounces grilled or baked skinless chicken, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1. Place potato in a microwave-safe dish. Spray potato with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons water; cover and microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Combine lime juice, oil, honey, and ginger in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
3. Combine potato, lettuce, chicken, peanuts, mint, and cilantro in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss gently to coat.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: Dress up your go-to chicken salad recipe by serving a perfectly spiced, Indian-inspired chicken salad instead.
- Yield: 1 serving
|Calories per serving:||420|
|Fat per serving:||17g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||7g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||6g|
|Protein per serving:||27g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||44g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||50mg|
|Sodium per serving:||360mg|
|Resistant starch per serving:||2g|
Good to Know
If you are short on time, use rotisserie chicken or precooked chicken strips and/or bottled light sesame ginger dressing for this recipe.