Greek Lentil Soup with Toasted Pita
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 4 whole-grain pitas, each cut into 4 triangles and toasted
1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add celery, carrot, onion, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes.
2. Add the water and lentils. Simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes.
3. With a hand blender or potato masher, puree soup until semi-smooth and thick.
4. Drizzle with lemon juice; serve with toasted pita triangles.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 4 servings
|Calories per serving:||370|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||19g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||65g|
|Fiber per serving:||21g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||680mg|
|Resistant starch per serving:||5.3g|
Good to Know
Lentils are a great source of resistant starch and fiber. Double or triple this recipe and freeze leftovers in individual servings.
This Recipe Is
The CarbLovers Diet