Toast with Walnut & Pear Breakfast Spread
- 4 ounces low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
1. Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
2. Stir in pear and walnuts.
3. Spread cottage cheese mixture on toast.
- Prep Time:
- Yield: 1 serving
|Calories per serving:||400|
|Fat per serving:||7g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Protein per serving:||22g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||64g|
|Fiber per serving:||7g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||5mg|
|Sodium per serving:||390mg|
|Rs per serving:||1.2g|
Good to Know
Cottage cheese packs CLAs, walnuts add some omega-3s, and the pear contributes fiber, making this easy dish a great way to kick-start your metabolism in the morning.
The CarbLovers Diet