Polenta Fritters with Asparagus & Eggs
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices polenta in tube (6 ounces)
- 6 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- black pepper to taste
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add polenta and asparagus; cook 8 minutes, turning once.
2. Push polenta and asparagus to side of pan. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add eggs, and fry until yolk is set, about 3 minutes.
3. Serve eggs on warm polenta with asparagus on the side. Top with cheese and black pepper.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 1 serving (4 pieces polenta, 2 eggs, and 6 asparagus spears)
|Calories per serving:||380|
|Fat per serving:||17g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||4g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Protein per serving:||23g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||30g|
|Fiber per serving:||4g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||433mg|
|Sodium per serving:||600mg|
|Resistant starch per serving:||1.5g|
Good to Know
Naturally high in Resistant Starch, polenta is also rich in fiber and contains a decent amount of protein, too.