Oatmeal with Prune & Banana Compote
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 dried prunes, chopped
- 1 banana, diced
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, chopped
1. Combine milk and oats in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Combine plum, banana, and ginger; sprinkle over oatmeal.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time: This quick and easy oatmeal recipe is cooked in the microwave and makes a hearty breakfast dish with the addition of a prune and banana Mixture.
- Yield: 1 serving (1 1/2 cups)
|Calories per serving:||420|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||1.5g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||1g|
|Protein per serving:||15g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||83g|
|Fiber per serving:||8g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||10mg|
|Sodium per serving:||115mg|
|Resistant starch per serving:||5.2g|
Good to Know
A rich source of vitamin C and phenols–a type of antioxidant thought to protect brain cells from damage–plums (which you may know as prunes) add a nice flavor to this traditional morning dish.