Breakfast Barley with Banana & Sunflower Seeds
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking pearl barley
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted salted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
1. Combine 2/3 cup water and barley in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 6 minutes.
2. Stir and let stand 2 minutes.
3. Top with banana slices, sunflower seeds, and honey.
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: Makes: 1 serving
|Calories per serving:||410|
|Fat per serving:||6g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2.5g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||86g|
|Fiber per serving:||14g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||15mg|
|Resistant starch per serving:||7.6g|
Good to Know
With a whopping 7.6 grams of Resistant Starch plus some metabolism-boosting fiber and MUFAs to boot, this is an ultra-satisfying morning meal.
The CarbLovers Diet