Blueberry Oat Pancakes with Maple Yogurt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup plain Greek-style low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Combine oats, cottage cheese, eggs, and vanilla in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth. Gently stir in blueberries.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter per pancake into pan. Cook 3 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked. Carefully turn pancakes over, and cook 3 minutes until golden.
3. Combine yogurt and maple syrup; serve over pancakes.
This delicious recipe is from Health's The CarbLovers Diet (order the Diet book or Pocket Guide at CarbLovers.com).
Watch the video: Blueberry Oat Pancakes with Maple Yogurt
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- Yield: 2 servings of 3 (3-inch) pancakes and about 1/2 cup yogurt mixture
|Calories per serving:||410|
|Fat per serving:||12g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||3.5g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||3g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||2g|
|Protein per serving:||26g|
|Carbohydrates per serving:||50g|
|Fiber per serving:||6g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||220mg|
|Sodium per serving:||330mg|
|Rs per serving:||4.6g|
Good to Know
If you cannot find Greek yogurt, you can substitute plain low-fat yogurt instead. You may use fresh or thawed frozen unsweetened berries.
The CarbLovers Diet